The main online platforms used in New Zealand schools are Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Education. Schools often ask, “Which platform should we choose?” However, the better question might be, “Why should I choose an online platform at all? The Connected Learning Advisory recently hosted a webinar focussed around Online Platforms and software as a service.
Warren Hall and Trevor Storr, CLA advisors discussed:
- What do we mean by whole school platforms?
- Different whole school platforms available
- Why would a school want one?
- How to make a decision around choosing a platform and getting started with setting it up
- What support the CLA can offer.